This shop is part of a social shopper marketing insight campaign with Pollinate Media Group™ and Hillshire Brand Company but all my opinions are my own. #pmedia #buy3save3 http://cmp.ly/3/8vNxcO
When I come home from work and don't have a plan for dinner or haven't set anything out to thaw, I want something quick and easy. Something that only takes minutes and doesn't require much thought in preparing.
Luckily, earlier in the week I had gone grocery shopping and since I'm part of Safeway's "Just For U" program, I got the Buy 3, Save 3 offer on participating Hillshire Farm products. Not much I love more than saving money! ;)
I bought my favorite easy sausage product from Hillshire Farm and whipped up a quick, delicious and healthy recipe to share with you guys today.
First, gather your ingredients:
1/2 package of sausage crumbles
3-4 red potatoes
1/4 green bell pepper
Alright, let's get started with the steps.
1. Cut your potatoes into bite sized pieces. I quartered mine, and then cut the quarters into halves. Get those into a pan full of water and get 'em boiling. Once they start boiling, let them boil for at least 5 minutes and drain.
2. Meanwhile, chop up your veggies. You can use as much as you like, but I used a quarter of both.
3. Pour your sausage into a skillet. Since it's already fully cooked, you just need to heat it up for 5-7 minutes.
4. Whisk together 5-6 eggs with S&P and set aside.
5. Heat enough olive oil to cover the bottom of a skillet and put your potatoes into the hot oil to brown for 7-8 minutes.
7. After the potatoes are nice and browned, and your veggies are semi-tender, pour your eggs in.
8. Pour your cooked sausage into the skillet.
9. Let set for a few seconds to get the eggs a'cookin'.
10. Once eggs are cooked, sprinkle cheese on top and let sit to melt through.
This recipe will serve 2 people.
Serve and enjoy a hearty meal for breakfast, lunch or dinner!
Be sure and check out the recipe page on the Hillshire Farm website for more tasty ideas! It's already given me lots more ideas for great meals.