I know for certain that I've raved about eMeals on numerous occasions here on the blog. Each week when my new meal plan comes, I'm excited to scour the recipes and see what I will like to make that week.
I head to the grocery store with my app in hand and since the shopping list is already included, it's no fuss!
A couple of weeks ago, I saw a recipe that I knew I had to try. I've had it in restaurants, but I've never re-created it myself.
Today, I'm sharing with you all the recipe for...
Oh yeah, that is a little slice of heaven on my plate.
Let's get started.. first things first!
Gather up your ingredients:
13.25 oz spaghetti
1 c. egg substitute
1 c. grated Parmesan cheese
2 c. ricotta cheese
1 lb ground beef
1 jar (24 oz) pasta sauce
1 c. shredded mozzarella
Side note: To make this as low fat as possible, I used whole wheat pasta, skim cheeses and lean beef. Also, you could use regular eggs, but egg substitute has less cholesterol. You can tweak it to your liking.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 9x13 inch pan with non-stick spray.
- Cook your pasta al dente and drain.
- Combine the egg, Parmesan and ricotta and whisk together.
- Toss spaghetti into the egg and cheese mixture.
- Pour spaghetti mixture into pan.
- Meanwhile, brown ground beef and drain.
- Mix beef with pasta sauce. *here I added some Italian seasoning, garlic powder and onion powder*
- Top the meat mixture onto the noodle mixture.
- Sprinkle with mozzarella.
- Bake, uncovered, 25 minutes.
- Let cool 10 minutes.
This will be your final product once it comes out of the oven.
All cheesy and bubbly, just the way I like it! :)
Once it's cooled, slice up and serve.
You'll see in the first picture, that it kind of looks like a pie where the noodles serve as the "crust" and the meat serves as the "topping". Fun right?