Today, I'm sharing a super simple recipe with y'all. It's one where you don't have to measure any ingredients. You don't have to dirty up 10 bowls to prep. You don't have to tend to it the whole time it's cooking.
I present to you....
The One Dish Dinner
2 large chicken breasts
5 medium red potatoes
1 can of green beans
1 pkg of dry Italian dressing
1 stick of butter
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
Spray a 13x9 inch pan with olive oil spray.
Place the chicken in the middle of the pan.
Quarter your potatoes, and place them on one side of the pan.
Drain the green beans and place them on the other side of the pan.
Sprinkle the Italian dressing over everything in the dish.
Cut pats of the stick butter and place a few on the green beans, and the others on the potatoes.
Cover with foil and bake for 1 hour 10 minutes.
A few notes:
- Next time, I will only use half a stick of butter. One whole stick seemed to be a bit much.
- I loved that the whole dinner (sides included) were ready at the same time. I loved not having to make extra sides.
- The recipe I used (from a co-worker) was halved to feed just Nate and I. If you double it, you may want to use a bigger pan.
- You could use whatever spray you have to coat the pan. I used olive oil because it's the healthier alternative.
- This smells amazing the second you put it in the oven. The aroma will fill your house and your stomach will start growling long before it's done. Be prepared. ;)
Let me know if you try this and how you like it!