TGIF, lovers. This has been SUCH a long and tiring week, I'm glad to see the weekend!
Before I recap what I did for my 26th birthday, I want to announce the winner of my Birthday Giveaway. So, congrats to Brittan!!!
Yay, friend! I'll email you today with the details.
Okay.. now onto the good stuff! I had to make a few collages or it wouldn't been picture overload and you would've been scrolling all day. ;)
- We started off by having Chipotle for my birthday eve dinner. Let's face it. I can never get enough of those burrito bowls, so when Nate asked what I wanted for dinner, it wasn't even a question.
- I decided to be "pretty in pink" on my birthday. Sad, but true story: One of the DRs at the practice I work for said he didn't recognize me at first with my hair "long and down" oops. I guess I should wash and fix it more often instead of throwing it on top of my head!
- I got off work at noon on my birthday, so you can bet your sweet ass that I went and cashed in on all my birthday coupons. My lunch was a free Starbucks drink & a free Sprinkles cupcake. Love it.
- Nate's mom sent me the SWEETEST text in all of the land. I know this woman loves me, but this text just made my whole entire day.
- Nate and I went for pizza and wine for dinner on my actual birthday, which had to be finished off with some cheesecake. Obvs. ;)
- We got dolled up to meet up with friends at The Cheesecake Factory for my birthday dinner that weekend. I wore a whole new outfit. I've had the shirt and pants for a couple of months now, but I have a bad habit of letting clothes sit in my closet w/ tags on them. Birthday dinner was the perfect excuse to "shop my closet."
- I was sooo happy that my best friend came and had her daughter that weekend. Love those 2 girls.
- And you can't eat at The Cheesecake Factory and NOT get dessert, amiright?! Lemon raspberry cheesecake, ftw!
- Afterwards, the cool kids took the party to a karaoke bar where many drinks (and shots, oops!) were had by all.
- I always, always have a good time when we hang with our friends Katie & Dave. They're a blast!
- This was the night we heard about Kidd Kraddick, so we had to toast a drink in honor of him, too!
- Sunday was VERY low key since we had slight hangovers. So we took Bink to get groomed. As you can tell from his before & after pic, it was much needed. I love being able to see his sweet eyes now.
- And the very last of my birthday shenanigans was this past Wednesday night. Nate got me tickets to see Matchbox 20 and Goo Goo Dolls. I was SOOO excited. I've been talking about this concert for months now. I just assumed the seats would be on the lawn, which I was totally OK with. Well, we got there and I see that are seats are 6 rows from the stage. It was amazing.
- But, it was hot. So hot. I don't remember the last time I sweat that much. I'm pretty sure my pores weren't sweating regular ol' sweat by the end of the night. I was seeping out fake cheese (ya know, from my concession stand nachos) and miller lite.
- It was SUCH a blast. A birthday to remember, and I'm so thankful for those who helped make it memorable for me! :)