Today's topic of the challenge: Ten things that make you really happy.
Easy peasy, lemon squeezy! Love this topic.. :)
- I know, totally unoriginal. I expect to see this on many other lists. But honestly? When it's the first thing that pops into my head when I wake up in the morning (and first thing to pop into my head while I was making this list), it MUST be listed. My favorite time of the day is when I wake up and get to just sit for 5 minutes and enjoy my blissful coffee. It makes me happy, happy, happy ;)
- This man does the dishes, makes the bed, cleans the bathroom, vacuums (which is my least favorite chore) and so much more. He strives to make me happy without even trying, if that makes any sense. He makes me laugh all day long. Waking up next to him, and coming home to give him a hello kiss has been purely wonderful these past couple of months.
My little sister
- My little sister is one of the only people in my life that I trust with everything I have. The one who I know I can go to at any minute of the day. She's truly my soulmate. The one who knows everything and will drop anything to have my back. She makes me proud to be her big sister. Makes me so happy to know that I have a true friend for LIFE with her.
Being told I'm cheery/happy/perky
- When my patients or co-workers, or even random complete strangers for that matter, tell me it makes them happy to see me because I'm always so chipper, smiley, energetic, etc. Well that just makes my day. It makes me feel like my job here is being done. I strive to make others feel good and give them a smile so that if they're having a bad day, maybe I can turn it around for them.
- As you most know, I work with elderly patients. They (most of them) make me so happy. They mostly have such a sweet demeanor and will sit and tell you the most amazing stories from their past with you if you'll let them. It makes them feel good to have someone to chat with. I like to be that person for them. My grandparents are the sweetest people I know, and having them in my life and having phone calls catching up on life just makes me so happy. So much more happier than they know.
My best friend
- My best friend. She's like my sister. She knows me better than I know myself. She gives the best advice. And even on weeks we don't talk a lot, I still know that she will always be my best friend forever. We've gone through too much together, good and bads, but all of those things? Hold a special place in my heart. We learned a lot about life together, and we're still standing.
- Is there like a way I can have a baby to chill with all day and then give back to their parents? Oh? that's called babysitting, isn't it?! I am SO NOT READY for children right now. But, I sure do love babies. I love watching them learn, play, grow, say new words, find new things. A baby's innocence mesmerizes me.
- The fact that I call my mom every single morning for a chat on my way into work, and by the time I've made it to work I have a text from my dad saying "I love you" makes my world go round. Each and every day. I couldn't imagine a life without my parents, and even thinking of it makes me sad. The relationship and closeness I share with these 2 amazing people who created my life sure makes me happy.
- Mmm, wine. You guys knew I wasn't going to leave wine off the list. ;) No but seriously, a glass of wine after a hard day, when all you need is to just kick your feet up on the coffee table and watch crap TV sure can turn your day around. So basically wine = happiness. I mean, we're all in agreement, correct? ;)
- This one is kind of a DUH to me, but laughing is my favorite. Hearing jokes, telling funny stories, laughing until I can feel ab muscles forming, those laughs. Those memories. That's what makes me happy.
- This dog shows me unconditional love like I've never felt before. He gets excited with me, he comforts me when he knows I'm upset, and the happies he shows when I come home from work? Too damn adorable. And, make me feel loved and needed.
What things make you MOST happy?!