If you follow me on twitter, then you saw my announcement on Sunday morning. I tweeted that Nate had officially asked me to move in together.
How do I feel about this?
For one, I am giddy excited. After he asked, I literally jumped on top of him, gave him a big kiss and promised that Binky and I will be the best roommates he's ever had.
Next feeling I feel is nervousness.
Don't get me wrong, I love Nate more than anything, and I feel that we have a healthy and strong relationship. But, this is a HUGE commitment. We both realize that. After 4 years, it's normal to take the next step in a relationship.
I think my nerves stem from the fact that I haven't lived with a boyfriend since my high school love right after graduation. Obviously that didn't work out, and I know it's because I was young and stupid, but it still makes me worry.
I worry about things too much, too often. Things I shouldn't worry about. This is one of those things. The little "what if's?"
- What if Nate doesn't like living with me?
- What if I burn dinner 5 out of 6 nights?
- What if I snore entirely too much?
- What if we get sick of each other from seeing one another every. single. day.?
The last one is my main concern. For the past 4 years, Nate and I have seen each other on the weekends, but rarely do we see one another during the week. With work, school and other schedules, it's always been hard. I'm excited to see his handsome face every day now, but it's going to be a huge change, that's for sure.
I try and envision the fun times to take my mind off of my nerves.
- I can't wait to grocery shop together and try out new recipes. (let me go ahead and clarify that I'LL be the one making the recipes, Nate can't cook to save his life) ;)
- I can't wait to snuggle on the couch together and watch movies. (we already do this, but it'll be different in OUR place)
- I can't wait getting a hug each and every day from him when I come home from work.
- I can't wait to decorate and make the place feel like home.
So, please reassure me that it's normal to feel some nerves when taking on something like this.
Overall, I'm still more excited than anything! I can't wait to see where this life takes us.