Now.. my yearly ritual is to recap my year. It's something I started doing the very first year I began blogging, and I'm so glad I did and have kept up with it. Feel free to check out my previous posts..
And now... I present to you...
- Nate and I spent our 5th New Years together. We rang 2013 in at a friends' house and had a blast.
- We went to our first wedding of the season for our sweet friends, Katie and Dave.
- I also hosted lots of giveaways on the blog this month. Good month for winning, I guess. ;)
- We moved in together!! After more than 4 years together, we took the next big step in our relationship.
- I did one of my first OOTD posts here on the blog where I talk about one of my all-time favorite skirts. Since then, I feel like I've done better about piecing together some fun outfits. Only sometimes though.
- I was hospitalized, yet again, for kidney stones. Thank goodness I haven't been in since. Knock on wood.
- Nate went to Vegas for his BFF's bachelor party, so I spent the weekend having lots of girl time with my sister.
- Celebrated St. Patty's Day on Greenville Ave. in Dallas. It's always a blast. May or may not have done a keg stand to get a mouth full of green beer.
- Went to Blissdom for the 2nd time, which was in Dallas this year. Had an amazing time with my BFFs.
- Nate and I hosted easter dinner at our new place for both of our families this year. My heart was so full to have both of our parents in our place at once.
- Attended our BFF's wedding. It was SUCH a fun night and a beautiful wedding had by all. So much so, that I dedicated a whole post to it!
- I learned and shared an amazingly delicious recipe. Apparently, the internet liked it too. Pinterest has brought my blog TONS of traffic from it alone.
- I tried jumping back on the workout train and was punished for it. I tore a muscle in my arm and had to wear this lovely sling. Not fun.
- This month, my little sister turned 24. We had a fun time celebrating her life out to dinner and drinks.
- We spent many weekend days out in the heat at concerts for Nate's job. But, I'm not complaining. It's always super fun to enjoy a beer, listen to live music and watch him work in his element.
- Seattle's Best Coffee opened in Dallas, and I may have become addicted to their iced coffee.
- I helped host a baby shower for my BFF and her baby girl. It was at a park on the lake and she had so much fun being honored for the day!
- Nate and I spent the first weekend of June celebrating a friends' baby shower. It was a little boy, and they had the shower in a suite at the Rangers baseball game. Genius.
- Nate's mom gifted us with a new dryer since ours bit the dust. It was an early birthday gift for the both of us.
- My friend Danielle gave birth to the sweetest little boy named Miles. Pretty sure my ovaries exploded the first time I held him.
- We started spending lots of weekends at the pool, as it was a scorcher of a summer.
- This month was very hard for me in terms of my anxiety. I struggled worse than I ever have.
- Nate turned 31! We had a pretty chill birthday weekend complete with our favorite pizza and a baseball game with our BFFs.
- I spent lots of time with my newly re-kindled BFF.
- I turned 26! We had a fun weekend for sure. Dinner with lots of friends, out for drinks, and Nate took me to see Matchbox 20 and Goo Goo Dolls. Such an awesome concert.
- My BFF's 2nd daughter was born this month. Sweet Ellayna is just the cutest thing! I was so happy to meet her.
- We celebrated more birthdays for friends, I met up with bloggers for brunch and went with my sister to get her nose pierced so we can now be twins. ;)
- I became obsessed with Pure Barre.
- August was also a very lucky month for me. I was winning things left and right!
- I started the month of September by doing the 24 day Advocare challenge. I lost a total of 8 lbs!
- Nate's mom was in town and we did our yearly tradition of Grapefest which is a wine festival here in Texas.
- Stephanie and I officially launched Miles of Smiles and held our first event.
- I made the trip down to Houston and was able to meet Myra before she moved to another country. While in Houston, I attended Blog Elevated and hung out with so many other amazing bloggers.
- I made a commitment to do 31 days of Random Acts of Kindness throughout the whole month of October.
- Nate and I celebrated our 5 year anniversary. He gave me the most gorgeous bouquet of red roses and we spent the day at the fair. It was Nate's first time to ever attend the State Fair of Texas. My BFF Stephanie and Mathew came into town and enjoyed the fair with us too!
- Binky turned 4 years old on the 26th! And he was the cutest little hot dog for Halloween. :)
- November was a pretty fun month! We started off by celebrating my BFF's daughter Olivia's 3rd birthday. That same weekend, we also had brunch at an omelette bar complete with $1 mimosas for our friend Chris' birthday.
- Stephanie and Ashley were in town for a blog conference, so I was super happy to see them again! I produced a Pinterest-worthy outfit for the night, too!
- It was the first Thanksgiving in almost 4 years that Nate didn't have to work. So we stuffed ourselves with my mama's good cooking.
- We also took pictures for our Christmas cards this month. I'm in love with them all!
- The month started out giving Texas quite the 'Ice-pocalypse'. We had hard ice on the ground for almost a week which meant we were cooped up in the apartment for 4 days. To say I had cabin fever would be a total understatement.
- We went to a White Elephant Christmas party with some friends one weekend and enjoyed gingerbread martinis. So fun and so cute!
- We headed to Montana for the week of Christmas to spend some time with Nate's family for the holiday. It was so beautiful and I thoroughly enjoyed myself. Recap to come, I promise!
And there ya have it, folks. My 2013 year in review. Thank you so much for following along with my life by reading my blog. It means more to me than I can say. I hope you'll stick around for 2014. It's going to be a good year.
However you're celebrating tonight by bringing in the new year, I hope you have fun and stay safe. See y'all next year!! ;)