I've been doing this at the end of every year since I started blogging. I recap my year with pictures. It's been a really fun project for me each time as I enjoy reminiscing on the years past. Feel free to check out my other posts too:
My 2010 post
My 2011 post
And now, I recap for you, 2012. Enjoy! :)
I rang 2012 in with Nate. It was our 4th new years together, but it was different this year. We didn't dress up fancy and go out with a bunch of friends and drink champagne until midnight. Instead, we got in our most comfy jeans and t-shirts and headed to an arcade to play pool, shuffleboard, bowl and drink enough beer to have us tipsy enough by midnight. And that? Was perfect!
- I started accepting sponsors on the blog this month
- I reached 500 followers and had a coffee giveaway
- We hit 100 link-ups on It's OK Thursday for the first time
- I sprained my ankle very badly and was on crutches for two weeks. SUCK.
The second month of the year was the much anticipated Blissdom. I had been looking forward to this trip for months, and I'm so glad I went! It was life changing for sure. I left with much more knowledge than I went with, and had way too much fun with my blog girlfriends. It was just amazing, and definitely a highlight from 2012.
- I wrecked my car at the beginning of the month, so I was driving around a rental while my car was in the shop. Praying and hoping it'd be ready for Blissdom. I picked it up the night before we left for Nashville. Boom.
- I made some really delicious Peanut Butter cookies that you'll fall in love with. Seriously, if you haven't made them yet, you're crazy!
- I shared 25 quirky facts about myself that may or may not leave you wanting to still be my friend.
This month, we were lucky enough to adopt this sweet boy from the Humane society. It's been pure yorkie love ever since! He's definitely part of the family now, and I am beyond happy he was with me the majority of my 2012.
- I read a lot of books this month trying to keep up with my goal. I even got in contact with a media company in which I reviewed a couple of books for them and giveaways.
- I celebrated St. Patty's Day with some friends and had my first ever green beer!
- I shared my most favorite spring time recipe - Mama's Macaroni Salad. You must try this, if you haven't already!
I'm lucky enough that I've made many blog friends during my journey. Two of them, Neely and Kiley, I consider my BEST friends. This month, we celebrated Neely's birthday. Crab mac&jack, Passionfruit Gimlets and Ice cream cake were had by all!
- Found a new pedicure place that I LOVE because they asked if I'd like a glass of wine while I have my pedi. Is that even a question?!
- Met Mark Cuban at the movies. NBD. Actually it was a big deal, he's hot. The end.
- I got to preview The Lucky One as a pre-screener. Thanks to having a boyfriend in the radio biz. Hellooooo Zac Efron. Rawr.
- I also started using Instagram this month, so my picture feeds were outta control, y'all.
My little sister turned 23 this month, and we went all out celebrating for her. Rented a cabin to stay in, made her a cake with her favorite colors, stayed up drinking beer and grilling all night. It was a blast, and definitely one she'll remember. Then, I got SUPER sick. I was down with a severe sinus infection which actually landed me in the ER. Worst sick I've been in a while.
- I started and finished the 50 Shades of Grey Trilogy this month, holla! Yes, I fell into the hype of it all, and I'm oddly excited for the movie to be made.
- I knocked one thing off my 101 in 1001 list by starting the 50 Questions That Will Free Your Mind. I did a segment each week, but began in May. It was an amazing experience, answering those deep questions for myself each week.
Oh the start of summer. Obviously it calls for cool drinks. It's already in the 100s here in Texas come June, so obviously I was stocked up and prepared. ;) Most of these drinks were enjoyed by the pool too. Ahhh, sweet summer time!
- I opened my heart and shared my daily struggle of anxiety with my readers.
- Brunch with Amber turned 2 and I had a week long celebration of giveaways! It was the least I could do to thank my readers. xoxo
- I wore lots of summer maxis, cuddled with Binky, and ate lots of fro-yo.
Nate and I are both July babies. He was turning 30, so I wanted to do something BIG for his birthday. I had never thrown a surprise party before, but I decided to try my hand at it. It was fun, but I'll probably never do it again. I am entirely too high-strung for that. My anxiety was on high drive for the whole month I was planning it!
- I had my golden birthday, and reminisced on my past birthdays from my early 20s.
- I got my 7th tattoo, and am still in love with it. It's nice to have one that is actually meaningful.
- And again this month, I shared more with you guys about me that may have been over-sharing. But you still love me anyway. ;)
- I got an iPhone this month after an unfortunate pool incident with my 'droid. Been lovin' Apple evah since!
August was filled with lots of random things. It was very hot here, so I spent lots of time in tank tops, jean shorts and on patios with drink in hand. No complaining here. ;)
- I was lucky enough to meet Emily Giffin and have her sign my copy of Where We Belong. It was awesome. She was such a doll, and I'd like to become her best friend, thanks!
- I started my love affair with NY&Co, and it's still going strong. This place is my fave, and I go there AT LEAST once a month.
- I also did my first OOTD post, which was super awkward for me. Because I am not fashionable or trendy or anything a fashion blogger should be. BUT it's fun to take pics of my cute outfits, so I just may continue this. ;)
September I took my mama to celebrate her birthday doing something neither of us had ever done. We painted while drinking wine. Say whaaaa?! I thought it was too good to be true too, but it can be done. We had an absolute blast and have pretty pictures to hang as a result. :)
- I spent some time with my sisters. I also drank plenty of coffee. Some of it for free. ;) Got my first PSL of the season this month too. Yes, Starbucks will make it for you BEFORE October. It's an amazing little treat.
- Football season officially started, so we were keeping our wing stop in business on Saturdays.
- I linked up for Book Club 4 times this month. Must've been by best month. I really kept up with my goals this month.
Nate and I celebrated 4 years together this month. It was a low key night, but we had lots of fun together which we always do and that's what is important to me.
- Things were getting a little awkward with the impending elections coming up the following month, and I was (un)lucky enough to come across my own weirdness.
- I went back and forth trying to decide on ordering another EC planner for next year, or trying something different. I went with Maybooks this year, and I'm in LOVE.
- Gave my readers a little more of a personal look into my day. What's it like to be BWA? Also, what do I have on my phone there? The secret's are all laid out on the blog. ;)
I'm so lucky to have the same best friend I've had since we were 9 years old. She came to see me this month, and as always we had an amazing girls' weekend. While she was here, she took mine and Nate's Christmas pictures because she's talented like that, yo.
- I had my blog redesigned by the lovely Whitney, and also shared some gems I found while digging in my mom's storage.
- I made a new bloggy friend turned into IRL. God, I love when that happens. I met Helene! And I shared some other bloggers I've met in the past 2.5 years.
- You guys had me in complete and utter shock when I saw that I had hit 1000 followers on this lil' ol' blog of mine. You guys reinstate my decision to blog each and every single day.
- I got real for my thankful Thanksgiving post. None of that mushy mess.
- I opened an online jewelry boutique, and I still need more customers!
The end of the year is always rush rush rush, go go go trying to get ready and in preparation for the holidays. I enjoyed many a' red cup from Starbucks. Oh, and the most important thing? Nate finally realized No Shave November was OVER and got rid of all that hair on his head.
- Binky scared me half to death when he got a stick lodged in his throat and he had his first ER vet visit.
- I had a disgusting wake-up call and decided it was time to splurge on some good tennis shoes and get my ass back into working out on a regular basis.
- I had Christmas with my family and felt incredibly blessed that I can spend time with them. I know not everyone gets to see their family on the holidays, and I definitely don't want to take that for granted.
There ya have it, my friends. My year in a nutshell, so to speak. Let me just tell you guys - I wrote this post out in a few days. I worked out it a bit here and there, and total? It took me around 4 hours. My God. Am I crazy or what? Not a chance. I love blogging, sharing my memories here for y'all, and making one big lump post at the end of each year to look back on it priceless. I'd spend all day to keep these memories alive!
How was your year? I hope 2013 is the best yet for us all!!