Today it's Thursday Five over at Mannland5.
This is my first time doing a "blog carnival" (is that what it's called?) You guys have to remember I'm still getting my feet wet in the bloggy world, and I haven't quite learned all the terms just yet. :)
To play, you just list 5 things that have made you:
Then you go to the blog and link up! Simple enough, yes? Let's play!
1. The BF is coming home today! :) I won't see him until Saturday, but just knowing that he is back in the same state as I am makes me feel closer to him. (what a sap, right?!)
2. I am finally in my last module at school, which means I am a senior! I still have a month of classroom instruction left, and I already have senior-itis! I can't wait to start my externship next month. :)
3. Yesterday, I saw the new Cosmo when I was at CVS - this makes me happy because it means my copy will be in my mailbox any day now. Score!
4. I'm having lunch today with my little sister. Food + baby sis = one happy Amber.
5. The fact that I had my vanilla frappuccino waiting in the fridge for me when I got to work this morning. I was in definite need of caffeine!
Let me just say that if I could add a #6 I totally would because JoJo at Newlywed Adventures gave me my very first award today, talk about stoked!!! I've been blogging a whole, what, 2 weeks? and I've already gotten an award. Damn, I'm good! ;)
The rules of this award are to thank the person who gave you the award, share ten things about yourself, pass this award onto 10 bloggers who you recently discovered and think are fantastic and finally contact the bloggers to let them know you’ve picked them for an award.
Thank you so much JoJo! You are such an inspiration to me. I am in LOVE with your blog, think you're hilarious and love that you're into nursing too! :) (yes, I have a girl crush on her, HA!) JoJo writes all about her un-domesticated-ness, adventures in NY, her hubby JT and all sorts of interesting things I enjoy reading about. I highly recommend you going and giving her blog some love ASAP!
1. I'm OCD, and often made fun of by friends & family because of it. I always do everything right-sided first; hate odd numbers; everything has a VERY specific place, etc. Don't judge me. :)
2. I'm obsessed with all things wedding! (don't tell my boyfriend, I don't want to scare him away just yet) ;) I just enjoy daydreaming about MY day in the future. How fun!
3. I enjoy crude, perverted humor. I laugh my ass off at Zach Galifinakis, Chelsea Handler, Adam Sandler, Amy Poehler, etc.
4. I love me some peanut butter. I blame this on my mother's sick craving for it when she was pregnant with me. She said her & my dad lived next to an EZ-Mart (classy, I know) and she'd wake up at 3am to walk over there to satisfy her Butterfinger craving. Yum-o!
5. I say "yum-o" a lot because I'm infatuated with Rachael Ray. She's rubbed off on me. I think she's so damn adorable, and I enjoy her bubbly personality.
6. Speaking of, I could watch Food Network all day, every day. When I stay with the BF on the weekends, we usually end up in separate rooms to watch TV because he wants to watch CNN (why does he have to be so smart?) or ESPN, and I'm all about Food Network. :)
7. I get irritated very easily, but at the same time, I'm an overall happy/bubbly person. I have an optimistic outlook on life, but why are people so damn annoying? ;)
8. When I was a kid, I once gave my little sister a black eye, (jumping on the bed), the day before we had our picture taken with Santa. Ahh, memories.
9. That was also the only time I ever "kicked her ass". She may be my LITTLE sister, but she could whoop me in a second. What can I say, I'm a lover, not a fighter. :)
10. I over-use smiley face emoticons and I apologize in advance for it.
Whew, that wasn't as bad as I thought it'd be! Now, on to the tough part - I'm so new to this that I don't know if I have 10 blogs I've discovered and loved, but I'll give it my best shot!
1. 25 Before 25
2. JessRaquel @ Mo Shiorghra
3. The Bouncing Brainwave Review
4. Misty Michelle
5. A Single Girl in the City
6. Life as We Know it with 2 Twinkies & a Tater Tot
7. I Wish I Was a Disney Princess
8. Live What You Love
9. Isle 12
That was insanely hard. I have been following these girls since I started, and I just light up each time I see that they've posted something new on my dashboard. All of you are fantastic! :) Now, hurry along now and go visit them!